• Began piano lessons with my mother at 5 and continued class lessons through the 6th grade.
• Played baritone in 7th grade.
• Got to 8th grade Junior High and was 5th out of 5 in the section.
• Was told by Russell Williams, US Army Retired band director, to try French Horn and fell in love with it.
• In the 9th grade part of best in city brass quintet in solo and ensemble contest Dallas and was taped for performance on KERA.
• In high school, played 4th horn in quartet that got best in city solo and ensemble contest.
• Took lessons from Alfred Resch, retired horn professor at SMU, for 2 years.
• Stopped playing horn in 1969, got married, started family and career.
• In 1985, had the old horn repaired and joined Town North Concert Band where both my parents played – Dad on bass clarinet and Mom on bass drum.
• Played 4th Horn for Mesquite Symphony, 1996-97.
• Later, bought a Tenor Horn and joined my mon and dad playing in a German band out of Dallas.
• Toured Austria and Germany with that band in 2000.
• Joined a historical reenactment band as 1st Eb Alto horn in 1998(?)-current to play at Civil War Reenactments. Have done reenactments from 1840-1945 periods.
• Joined NHBD in 2017(?) after invitation from Jeannine Caldwell, first chair flute/piccolo in Town North.
BANDS/GROUPS I HAVE PLAYED OR AM PLAYING IN
• *New Horizons Band Dallas
• *Town North Concert Band
• *Heritage Brass Band
• *Frohsinn Kapelle (formerly sponsored by the Sons of Hermann German Association)
• Hella Shrine Band
• Mesquite Symphony
• Graduated Hillcrest High School, 1967.
• Attended SMU 1967-68, North Texas State, 1968-1970.
• Married Vicki, 1969.
• Worked at Oilwell Supply, 7-11, Lone Star Gas in Data Processing Department on loading dock, later
as computer operator and meter read clerk, later computer programmer.
• Returned to night school at El Centro and spent the next 11 years in night school, graduating
from UTD, 1985 (BS Mathematics, Computer Science).
• Computer programmer at Dallas County Community College District, 1976.
• Computer auditor for Enserch Corporation (parent company for Lone Star Gas), Database
Administrator for subsidiary company, Enserch Exploration.
• Database Administrator for Dresser Industries, later bought by Alliance Data Systems,
later bought by Fujitsu of America.
• Retired in 2010.
• Webmaster and database administrator for church – 2012 to current.
• Wife: Vicki
• Mother: Jeannine Verinder, Plano
• Son: Dylan, Chapel Hill, NC, and wife, Julie, and 2 grandsons, Zion and Ezekiel.
• Son: Daniel, Boston, MA, and granddaughter, Ella.
• Music, computers, golf (no longer play but love the sport).
• Boy Scouts: Eagle Scout w/1 palm, Order of the Arrow (Brotherhood), Senior Patrol Leader –
mother was Den Mother and father was Scout Master.
• Mother was 1st chair cello in All-City Orchestra, Dallas, 1946.
• Professional disc golfer in much earlier years.