• Began playing professionally in 1964 at a wedding where I grew up in Mineral Wells, TX.
• Was an organ major at Hardin-Simmons University (class of ’73).
• Have played organ/piano in one church or another almost every Sunday since then.
• Have played over 2500 weddings and an appropriate number of funerals, etc.
• Currently Music Associate at Unity Church of Dallas on Forest Lane.
BANDS/GROUPS I HAVE PLAYED OR AM PLAYING IN
• Became associated with Incredible Productions Dallas (a theatrical and convention planning company) in 1972
playing a wide variety of musicals, industrial shows (think Dr. Pepper, Mary Kay, Southwest Airlines, etc.)
and private events across the US. Still occasionally involved with them today.
• Most memorable gig: Playing keyboards in backup orchestra for Three Dog Night. “Jeremiah was a bullfrog. Boom, Boom, Boom”!!!
• *UpSwing Jazz Orchestra
• *DixieSwing Dixieland Band
• Retirement, huh? That’s when you stop working, right?
• In my next life I WILL have a real job with retirement benefits, company car, paid vacations, etc.!!
• Or, if still a musician, will play the piccolo which can be carried in one’s shirt pocket.
• Have had a string of Shelties for nearly 50 years. Current reps: Austin and Cookie.
• Enjoy time spent with my sister and her brood along with their myriad animals out in the country in East Texas. (Who knew there were sooo many stars up there?)
• Railroads. On Fridays, before UpSwing rehearsals, I usually sit in the park next door which is adjacent
to BNSF RR main line hoping for a train to pass just for the pleasure of watching the action. Still play
with model trains.