• Played cornet 3 years in junior high band and 3 years in high school band
• Played trumpet one year in high school orchestra
• Played in the Texas All-State Orchestra in 1957
• Was 1st chair cornet in the Texas All-State Band in 1958
• Played cornet 4 years at Texas Tech University in the "Goin' Band from Raiderland"
• After graduating from Tech, I put my horns away for 43 years
• After retiring in 2005, I started playing again when I joined NHBD
BANDS/GROUPS I HAVE PLAYED OR AM PLAYING IN
• J.T. Hutchison Jr. High Band, Lubbock, TX 1952-1955
• Monterey High School Band, Lubbock, TX 1955-1958
• Monterey High School Orchestra, Lubbock, TX 1957-1958
• Texas Tech University Concert and Marching Bands, Lubbock, TX 1958-1962
• Texas Tech Army ROTC Band, Lubbock, TX 1958-1962
• *New Horizons Band Dallas 2005-present
• *UpSwing Jazz Orchestra 2005-present
• Town North Concert Band 2007-2018
• *Arapaho UMC Orchestra 2007-present
• *Richardson Community Band 2008-present
• Lovers Lane UMC Jazz Band 2008-2015
• *DixieSwing Dixieland Band 2011-present
• *Swinganova Jazz Band 2018-present
• BS in Mathematics in 1962 from Texas Tech, MS in Mathematics from SMU in 1964
• Worked as a computer programmer at Texas Instruments 1963-1964, 1966-1970
• 1964-1966 in U.S. Army in Okinawa as computer programmer
• Account manager and VP, Distributor Sales, Recognition Equipment, Inc. 1972-1990. I traveled the world
setting up distributors for our company products. Established distributors in South Africa, Israel,
Portugal, Argentina, Mexico, Australia, and Taiwan.
• Other positions: VP, Sales & Marketing, Bell & Howell Phillipsburg Co, 1990-1992
VP, Sales & Marketing, Siemens-Nixdorf Optowand, 1992-1995
VP, Sales & Marketing, Habitech, Inc., 1995-1998
VP, Sales & Marketing, Lockheed Martin Distribution Technologies, 1998-2002
VP, Sales & Marketing, IVT, Inc., 2002-2005
• *Retired in 2005
• Have 2 brothers and 3 sisters. My parents are deceased.
• Been married to my wife Tobi since 2009.
• Have 2 daughters and one son, 4 grandsons and 1 granddaughter, and 3
great-granddaughters and one great-grandson.
• Tobi has one son and one daughter, 4 grandsons and one granddaughter.
• I still have a father-in-law and a mother-in-law, ages 93 and 90, respectively.
• I love playing and listening to music, almost any kind of music, but Dixieland is my favorite.
• I also love to travel, but the older I get, the better home feels, Most travel now is to visit family.
• I have lived in Okinawa; Brussels, Belgium; Paris, France; and Johannesburg, South Africa.
• Playing my trumpet again is probably one of the smartest things I have ever done.
I think I would have been very bored in retirement if I had not started playing in multiple bands.
Besides the music, the people are great and I cherish the new friends I have made.